[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Silva Purging Emotions for Evans Bout

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Silva Purging Emotions for Evans Bout
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:48 am 
Special

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Silva- ... Bout-21716

Thiago Silva doesn’t want his emotions to get the better of him anymore.

The 27-year-old Brazilian striker will be put to task at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas when he faces former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans in the event’s headlining bout.

“One of my (New Year’s) resolutions is to be (as) less emotional as I can be,” said Silva through his translator during a Tuesday teleconference call. “I go there to perform a job and be the best and get a win and put myself on a track to be a champion. A win against Rashad will put me on the track to (champion) Lyoto (Machida).”

Both Silva and Evans were brutally knocked out by Machida in their only career defeats. Silva, however, has had the benefit of already fighting again, as he blasted through Evans’ training partner Keith Jardine in 95 seconds at UFC 102 last August.

“It really boasted my confidence after my loss to Lyoto,” said Silva of the victory. “Lyoto came to make a standard and be the champ.”

Silva noted that the loss to the future 205-pound kingpin especially affected him because Machida wasn’t training with a top team or with recognized trainers at the time.

Evans said he’s already noticed a more mature Silva in his win over Greg Jackson teammate Jardine.

“He became a little more patient and let the fight come to him instead of rushing into it,” said Evans. “That’s something he was doing in his earlier fights when he got caught early.”

Silva, a product of American Top Team, is known for his emotionally charged sendoffs to defeated opponents as much as his trigger-happy hands. In August, Silva hovered over Jardine’s body and pointed to him just seconds after he’d rendered the fighter unresponsive. Silva insisted there were no personal feelings for Jardine attached to the display.

“This wasn’t related directly to Jardine,” he said. “I’d just come back from a big loss and it just was my standup point to say, ‘I’m back.’”

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]